God's Word Cuts Deep...1 Thessalonians 5:18

NASB:             "In everything give thanks, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
ESV:                "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
MESSAGE:    "Thank God no matter what happens. This the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live." 
KJV:                "In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."




Holy Spirit, I need your help! Thank You that You are the Helper. 


If it is God's will for us to give thanks in every circumstance, that means that there are things to be found in every circumstance to be thankful about. This is a partner verse with "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" (Philippians 4:4) If it is God's will for us to rejoice (re-joice = to joy again) in every circumstance, it means that joy can be found in every circumstance. I believe this is true and I am challenged. Too often I look for the wrong things in circumstances - worry, unbelief, fear, bitterness & disappointment. I even find that I live on edge, bearing down, waiting for these things to emerge. WHAT?! What Kingdom do I live in? God is ever joyful, never worried or despairing. God is ever delighting and rejoicing over us (Zephaniah 3:17). I think it is true to say that God is thankful for us...humbling. I want to be like my Father.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 is where God has my heart centered right now and I am in no hurry to leave. I want a thankful heart. I want my natural response to my daily life on this earth to be, "Thank You, Lord." I want to be thankful for others and toward others. I want to have a heart that seeks out treasures of joy and gratefulness that are hidden in every situation of my life. I am thankful for this pursuit, and I also recognize how much my heart needs to be transformed. My mind needs renewed. My habits and patterns need to be changed. 


1 Thessalonians 5:18...search me, O God, and find all ungratefulness within me. Transform me by the renewing of my mind. You are the Good God. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pride in Identity

Clear Glass, Stained Glass: Worship God vs Worshiping Worship

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do...