Psalm 97

This summer I have given an invitation to my worship team to join me in studying the Psalms. We've been taking one Psalm a week and meditating on it each day. When God speaks, we email it to the whole team to share with them what we're learning. This week we're focusing on Psalm 97.

I've been reading and reading Psalm 97 this week. To be honest, I'm having a hard time getting past verse 1! I feel really challenged by this verse: "The Lord reigns, let the earth rejoice; let the many coastlands be glad." God is challenging my level of rejoicing. I should be the most joy-filled person ever to walk this planet. The God that I serve is in absolute control and calls me "daughter," "beloved," "friend," and "priest." Not only does our God reign over all things, but we've been given the highest rank, greatest titles and most beautiful position under this all supreme Ruler. In confidence of this, I should be prancing around on this earth like I own the place...because I do. All that belongs to God has been given to me. Verse 11 says, "Light is sown for the righteous and joy for the upright in heart." If God has sown light and joy, then reaping light and joy should be the way my days are spent. I am learning that joy is not so much a state of being. Joy is a decision. Rejoicing is a verb. I need to make better decisions!

PS...verse 2 "Clouds and thick darkness are all around Him." I think this is interesting because in Revelation 4 it describes the greatest rainbow light show surrounding the throne ever created. How do clouds and thick darkness surround Him while Rainbow Bright is exploding at the same time??? I'm curious.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pride in Identity

Clear Glass, Stained Glass: Worship God vs Worshiping Worship

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do...