New York City Day #1

Today I flew into New York City with Pastor John and Linda. Our RMS students are here with us, as well. We are spending time with the largest Chinese church in New York. Our hosts, Pastor John and Rosie Hao, are two of the kindest people I have ever met. Their kindness is so vast, it challenges me to treat others as they do. I see Jesus in them.

This week I have the opportunity to teach their worship team leaders and members about the lifestyle of a worshiper and how to grow and develop their team. I'm very excited about this. I love teaching others about worship! I feel energized and charged every time I get to point others towards a more intimate relationship with God. I love leading worship, but I love even more teaching others how to worship.

Tonight we took our students to an authentic Chinese restaurant. This is the first of many authentic Chinese experiences this week! YAY! One of our students ordered eel...it still had eyes and a smile when it came to the table. We named it Ferdinand. Food shouldn't smile at you. I did not chew on Ferdinand. He did not want to be chewed on by me. Maybe he was smiling because I didn't chew on him...although some of our students did and I stifled a gag. I sipped on my mocha cappuccino smoothie and then I smiled.

Comments

  1. I'm sitting here trying to think of something witty to say about the eel, but I think you've said it all. You have de-witted me.

    -Val-

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are witty and I rEELly like you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pride in Identity

Clear Glass, Stained Glass: Worship God vs Worshiping Worship

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do...