I Want to Know Him - another Bob Sorge excerpt

For Jesus has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses - as much more glory as the builder of a house has more honor than the house itself. 
                 ~Hebrews 3:3

The first motivation of my heart is that I want to be with Him. And the reason I want to be with Him is this: I want to know Him! This is the second great motivation that I want to energize all that I do. I want to know Him "in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Colossians 2:3).

This is the passion that fills the breast of the saint who has been quickened to the beauty of Christ's face. Above all else, he longs desperately to know more of Christ.

Hebrews 3:3 says the builder of a house has more honor than the house itself. Speaking of Christ, the writer is saying that the Creator of the universe has more honor than the universe itself. Jesus is more honorable, more glorious, more incredible than the universe He created! So take your pick of the created order - want to tour a far-off galaxy? Interested in exploring a supernova? As splendiferous as that may be, exploring the face of Jesus is even more exciting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pride in Identity

Clear Glass, Stained Glass: Worship God vs Worshiping Worship

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do...