PSALM 103

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His steadfast love toward those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does He remove our transgressions from us. As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers we are dust.        ~Psalm 103:11-14

This first picture is the view from Panera Bread in Monroe. Today in my quiet time I've been spending time in Psalm 103 and when I read verse 11, I took a minute and looked up into the sky to try to gain a perspective on how far God has removed my sin from me. As I did that, I began to feel a release from things I've been carrying recently. It often feels like my sin and my failures live right up in my face. I can't get away from the things I struggle with. When I read verses like these, however, I come back to true reality that Jesus has set me free from the torment of sin and death and that I am free to move and breathe. I am free to have joy and peace. I am free to accept His forgiveness and forgive others...BECAUSE...as high as the heavens are above the earth, that is how great His love is towards me! Anyone ready for a glory run???

(ps - the rest of these pictures are taken from the Hubble Telescope. These images catch God in  His creativity just showing off! As you look through them, think about how vastly far away He has removed your sin from you. If you haven't made the decision to follow after this loving God, then hear and receive this truth that forgiveness is offered to you, too!)
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pride in Identity

Clear Glass, Stained Glass: Worship God vs Worshiping Worship

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do...