Wings of the Wind

He makes the clouds His chariot
   and rides on the wings of the wind.
He makes winds His angels,
   flames of fire His servants.
             ~Psalm 104:3-4

I love the majesty of God displayed in Psalm 104. There is none like Him. All of creation is under His gracious sovereignty. Sometimes I like to read this Psalm aloud to Him in worship of His...bigness! Verses 3-4 in particular caught my attention this week. What if these verses are literal, and not figurative? What if every time we feel the wind it is the effect of God riding by on the wings of His angels? If He holds the universe in His hands, it makes sense to me that I should be able to feel Him within the physical universe. I think it's easy sometimes to lock God in to only being a spiritual entity. But, He created the physical, which means that He is able to interact with us in physical, tangible experiences. If nothing else, these verses have heightened my imagination and I've found myself thinking twice about a seemingly mundane draft of wind. It's possible that I could have just felt the undercurrents of God's presence racing past me on a chariot of heaven. For me, this makes the world more fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pride in Identity

Clear Glass, Stained Glass: Worship God vs Worshiping Worship

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do...