The Parable of the Wedding Feast

Luke 14:15-24

What am I really invited into when invited to the Wedding Feast at the end of this age? The Banquet comes at the end of something. What?

war, struggle, death, self.

It's the victory celebration of all that has been conquered. Accepting the invitation means accepting a temporary life of war, struggle, death, the end of me. This must happen before victory...it's the mountain of myrrh mentioned in Song of Songs.

Jesus, silence all of my excuses for not having intimacy with You, because my excuses are just as absurd and ludicrous as the people in this parable. Nothing is more important than You, Your plans, Your Kingdom. Come and remove everything that keeps me from loving You. Altogether beautiful You are. Make me more like You. Give me undistracted devotion for Your face and Your ways. Celebrating with You in love at the wedding makes this fight worth every second, every day. I yield myself to You. You've won. You've conquered my heart. I love You and at any price I want a seat at this banquet.

How would my life change if I loved with Your face and our wedding day constantly in front of my eyes?

Awake, O north wind, and come O south wind! Blow upon my garden, let its spices flow. Let my Beloved come to His garden, and eat its choicest fruits.

Come, my Beloved, and have Your way in my heart, my life. I trust You to bring anything in my life that will lead to 100% obedience and devotion to Your face. Dine on the fruits in my heart produced and cultivated by Your Spirit. I belong to You.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pride in Identity

Clear Glass, Stained Glass: Worship God vs Worshiping Worship

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do...